Select event(s) you're volunteering for
BARC St Patrick's Day Races - March 17/18, 2018
United Financial Walleye Fest Races - April 26, 2018
Run Like an Animal Half-Marathon - April 29, 2018
Around the Town 5K - June 9, 2018
The MUTT - June 16, 2018
Team One Wine Run Bad Axe - June 21, 2018
Sanford Lake Triathlon - June 23, 2018
Caseville Triathlon - July 15, 2018
JVS 5K-9 - July 22, 2018
Decade Dash 5K Car Show - August 4, 2018
Red Moon Trail Run - August 11, 2018
Light Up The City Saginaw 5K - August 22, 2018
Boyne City Triathlon - September 2, 2018
Team One Wine Run Saginaw - September 19, 2018
Gaylord Half Marathon - October 13, 2018
St Peter Turkey Trot - November 3, 2018
TRI TO FINISH VOLUNTEER CONSENT, RELEASE & WAIVER OF LIABLILITY
In consideration of being permitted to assist / volunteer at any TRI TO FINISH event, I hereby agree as follows:
1. I volunteer to assist in the activities related to the Event. I understand that my assisting / volunteering may involve risk of physical injury to me or others, or damage to my property, or other consequences, which might result from my own actions, in actions of negligence and/or the actions, inactions or negligence of others, the rules of the Event, condition of the premises, weather conditions, or condition of any of the equipment used in the Event. There may also be other risks not known or not reasonably foreseeable.
2. On behalf of myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns, and anyone else who might sue on my behalf, I HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE, and FOREVER DISCHARGE USAT, USATF, TRI TO FINISH, all Event sponsors, Event producers, Event staff, administrators, officials, contractors, vendors, and organizers (including race directors), athletes, all other persons or entities involved with an Event, states, cities, towns, and other governmental bodies and locations in which an Event or portions of an Event takes place, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, insurers, other participants and representatives of all of the above (collectively, the "Released Parties"), from any and all claims, causes of action, damages, losses (economic and non-economic), and liabilities of every kind (collectively "Claims"), for death, personal injury, or property damage, which may arise out of, result from, or relate to my assistance/participation in, or my traveling to or from, any USAT sanctioned Event, including but not limited to any Claims for theft, damage to any equipment, negligence, partial or permanent disability, Claims relating to the provision of first aid, medical care, medical treatment, or medical decisions (at an Event site or elsewhere), and any Claims for medical or hospital expenses.
3. I assume any and all risks for injury to person or property, or any other consequence arising out of my assisting in, participating in, or volunteering in the Event, including travel en route to and from the Event. I HEREBY WAIVE AND RELEASE MY LEGAL RIGHTS TO SUE FOR ANY INJURY OR OTHER DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF OR RESULTING FROM MY VOLUNTEERING.
4. I FURTHER COVENANT and AGREE NOT TO SUE any of the Released Parties for any of the Claims that I have waived, released, or discharged herein. I AGREE TO INDEMNIFY and HOLD HARMLESS the Released Parties from any and all expenses incurred, Claims made, or liabilities assessed against them, including but not limited to attorneys' fees and litigation expenses, arising out of or resulting from, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, my breach or failure to abide by any part of this Waiver Agreement, and my actions or inactions which cause injury or damage to any other person.
5. I acknowledge and agree to allow my photograph, likeness and/or voice to appear in any documentary, promotional (including advertisements), television, radio or film coverage of the Event without compensation or further notice, and I agree to assign all copyright or other interests therein to High Five Events.
6. The parent or legal guardian who signs the Waiver Agreement on behalf of a minor, incapacitated and/or mentally challenged person (hereinafter "Said Person"), hereby acknowledges that he or she has the legal capacity and authority to act on behalf of Said Person to legally bind Said Person to the Waiver Agreement. The parent or legal guardian who signs the Waiver Agreement agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties for any expenses incurred, Claims made, or liabilities assessed against them, as a result of any insufficiency of legal capacity or authority to act on behalf of Said Person in the execution of the Waiver Agreement.
7. If any provision of this Waiver Agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Waiver Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
PLEASE NOTE: Completion/Signature of this form covers volunteer for ALL TRI TO FINISH events in calendar year 2016. Once this form has been submitted by volunteer and received by TRI TO FINISH, volunteer will not need to submit another form for 2016 events. By signing, Volunteer and Parent/Guardian (if applicable) acknowledge understanding of this.
By checking this box, I acknowledge that I am at least 18 years of age, have read and understand terms of the linked waiver document and that completion/signature of this form covers my consent, release & waiver of liability for all TRI TO FINISH events I choose to volunteer for.