6th Annual St Peter Turkey Trot 2017 Overview
The holidays are coming! Join Tri To Finish for the 6th Annual St Peter Turkey Trot on a flat, country road course in Hemlock to prepare you for the feasting that is to come!
The Turkey Trot consists of USATF Sanctioned 10k and 5k races that originated as a way to encourage student participation in Kids on the Run. Already successful in its own right, the event blossomed with the addition of a 10k course and local sponsors the likes of Kevin Zedaker Farm Bureau Insurance, Thrivent Financial, Jacques Orchard and Your Favorite Cake coming on to help make this a community event. St Peter Lutheran School and TriToFinish will once again be pulling out all the stops to make this a must-do event for the Great Lakes Bay Region!
All pre and post race activities (i.e., Registration, Packet Pickup, Announcements, Athlete Meeting, Volunteer Assignments, Awards, Snacks, etc.) will take place in the comfort and warmth of St Peter Lutheran School’s gymnasium! Don’t worry about the weather!
All proceeds from this event will benefit the students at St Peter Lutheran School, a 501c3 charitable organization.
Date: November 4, 2017
Start Time: 9:00 AM
Location: St Peter Lutheran School
Address: 2440 North Raucholz Road, Hemlock, MI 48626
This is an out and back run on FLAT, roads that are mostly paved. Those running the 10k will get some hard-packed gravel road for a stretch. Both the 5k and 10k routes begin in front of St Peter Lutheran School and head north along Raucholz Rd. The 5k turns around at the corner of Raucholz and Pangborn Rd, while the 10k turns right on Pangborn and proceeds to N Fordney Rd before turning around and heading back. Both routes will turn right on Lunney Rd in front of St Peter Lutheran School before turning into the parking lot of St Peter Lutheran Church and ending with a sprint to the finish line.
Packet Pickup and Late Registration:
- Friday, November 3rd, 2017 from 5:00-7:00 PM at St Peter Lutheran School
- Saturday, November 4th, 2017 from 7:00-8:45 AM at St Peter Lutheran School
Online Registration closes at Midnight, Thursday, November 2nd, 2017. After that, ALL registrations will be completed on-site at late registration/packet pickup at the increased rate of $30 (rate remains at $15 for kids 13 & under and $18 for seniors).
NOTE: Active.com charges a nominal fee to participants when registering. We just don’t want you to be surprised when you go to register online!
Event-specific t-shirts are guaranteed ONLY to those who register online before Noon on Monday, October 30th! These shirts will be high quality and will be available in unisex, ladies cut, or youth sizes. All registrants who register after that date/time will be provided a TriToFinish t-shirt if event-specific shirts are unavailable on site.
Shirt Sizes Available
- Extra Large
- Ladies Cut Small
- Ladies Cut Medium
- Ladies Cut Large
- Ladies Cut Extra Large
- Youth Small
- Youth Medium
- Youth Large
Note: Please keep in mind that Ladies Cut shirts generally run smaller than standard unisex t-shirts as they are designed to be somewhat form fitting. Participants will receive the size and type shirts ordered. Exchanges will be unavailable.
- Top Overall Male and Female participants in both the 5K and 10K events will receive a turkey, a plaque and free entry to the 2018 St Peter Turkey Trot
- 2nd Place Overall Male and Female will receive a certificate for 50% off registration to next year’s race and an aluminum plaque
- 3rd Place Overall Male and Female will receive a certificate for 25% off registration to next year’s race and an aluminum plaque
- Top Overall Youth Male and Female 12 and Under participants will receive an apple pie, a plaque, and free entry to the 2018 St Peter Turkey Trot
- 2nd Place Overall Youth Male and Female will receive a certificate for 50% off registration to next year’s race and an aluminum plaque
- 3rd Place Overall Youth Male and Female will receive a certificate for 25% off registration to next year’s race and an aluminum plaque
Age Group Awards will be provided 3 deep and ONLY to youth participants aged 12 and Under at time of event.
Age Group Categories:
NOTE: All participants will receive high quality finisher medals at the finish line upon completion of their event!
Interested in volunteering? Events like this can’t be successful without great volunteers! Sign up at the link at the top of this page and we’ll be in touch. All volunteers receive a cool, TriToFinish logo’d tech t-shirt courtesy of ATS Printing in Bay City, MI!
REFUND AND TRANSFER POLICY
We completely understand that plans change and athletes will sometimes be unable to compete in an event they've signed up for. Unfortunately, refunds will not be provided for any event unless the event is cancelled for reasons within our control. Dangerous weather, natural disasters, and local emergencies are examples of reasons an event may be cancelled that are NOT within our control.
Should an athlete have an injury or other medical issue keeping them from competing in an event they've registered for, we would be happy to transfer their registration to a similar TriToFinish-owned event up to and including the same event the following season. A doctor's slip may be required as proof of injury or ailment. Failure to provide proof if requested will result in non-transfer of the event.
Transferring registrations to other athletes is NOT allowed.
- 10K Run
- 5K Run/Walk
Note: There will be no competitive walk category. Participants are free to run or walk as they'd like.
10K Run & 5K Run/Walk
- $25.00 valid until 08/31/17
- $28.00 valid until 11/02/17
- $30.00 valid until 11/04/17
10K/5K Senior (60+)
- $15.00 valid until 11/02/17
- $20.00 valid until 11/04/17
10K/5K Youth (13 & Under)
- $12.00 valid until 11/02/17
- $15.00 valid until 11/04/17